Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yesterday's Prayer


Tomorrow comes too soon.
Hope leaves with the deeds
Of fellow Christians.
Believe as they do
Or be lost.
Excluded from fellowship
Where do you turn?
To you, Lord,
To you I turn.
Your words come to me.
Believe in me
And follow my commands:
Love God.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
So simple,
Yet so difficult.
How do I love those that hurt me?
Those that would rather see me dead
Than help me.
Pray for them I must.
Pray for the best for them.
Pray for them for my sake
As well as theirs.
Once I was so secure
In health, wealth and hope.
Now, all is ashes.
Once I knew you were there.
Now, I know you
Still wrap me in your love
But feel nothing.
Once I worked to start
A grace church,
A church that embraces thousands.
Now grace is wounded
By a few.
Help me to make the correct choice, Lord.
Do I step away from pain?
Do I step away from this church?
Will I walk a new path?
Will I find grace in another church?
I need you guidance, God.
Lead me back to yesterday's love.


Photo by mindfulness

No comments: