Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gifts of the Magi

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea
In the days of Herod, the king,
Behold there came wise men from the east..."
The Bible does not count the wise men,
But we do.
Why?
Are we so determine to quantify the world
That we ignore quality?
We look to a person's wealth
To define their standing in the community.
God looks to how a person treats
The least among us.
The wise men brought three gifts:
Gold for virtue and kingship.
Frankincense for prayer and priestship.
Myrrh for suffering and death.
As Christmas comes,
What can we offer God
The author of Creation?
What he most wants:
Love,
Faith,
 Obedience.
My prayer at Advent must be:
Lord, make me a servant in your image,
today, tomorrow and forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to put a twitter button to your website. I just marked down the site, but I must do it by hand. Simply my $.02 :)