Sunday, September 06, 2009

Hoping for Nothing Again

"For as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them.
For if ye love them who love you, what thanks have ye?
For sinners also love those who love them.
And if ye do good to them that love you, what thanks have ye?
For sinners also do even the same
.
And if ye lend to them of whom you hope to receive, what thanks have ye?
For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
But love ye your enemies, and do g
ood, and lend, hoping for nothing again;
And your reward shall be g
reat,
And you shall be children of the Highest;
For he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil."



Why if you need money are you unworthy of help?
Since I have been poor,
I have found this to be true.
I tithed for many years without expectation of return,
Just as well for there has been none.
I know God's answer is that He will be with us,
Not that He will reward us.
Yet I need so little,
But even that is begrudged me.
I long to feel God's lovingkindness,
But it is absent from my life,
All I taste is my own tears.
Those who profess to be Christians do not lend;
They only admonish.
I will turn my attention to those outside the fold,
So that they do not feel alone.
God be near.

Photo by tao zhyn

No comments: