Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blessings?


What do we believe are the benefits
Of becoming a Christian?
Wealth?
Happiness?
Health?
I have no wealth, only sadness, and many ailments.
Am I a Christian?
I say I am a follower of the Word.
Would my fellow churchgoers agree?
I think not.
In their world, God blesses Christians now
With material goods, a happy life, and a healthy body.
In their world, intercessory prayer controls God.
If true prayer warriors pray for you,
You will be blessed.
I believe that Christ demonstrates God in action.
That he is the highest, truest revelation of God.
Therefore, I must believe in Him.
He did not promise
Riches,
Happiness,
Health.
He did not promise to do our bidding.
He promised to be with us
In an imperfect world.
He promised to be with us
Through suffering, grief and death
As well as
Through peace, joy and life.
He promised another existence
Beyond this world.
He portrayed God's Love for all.
So I must try to love as he did.
Try.


Photo by Hamed Saber

No comments: