Friday, February 22, 2008

Generations Passing


"I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses."




Another friend died.
Another funeral.
Grief for his family,
He will be missed.
Grief stirred by memories
As "In the Garden" echoed.
February has become
A month of loss.
Friends and family gone,
Generations passing.
Those born in the rural past
Die in the urban present.
Christ's words echo:
"Blessed are they that mourn;
For they shall be comforted."

Photo by *clarity*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have experienced profound loss before too, and the only place I found comfort was in the arms of Jesus. I'm glad I learned that long ago because life's bumps and bruises have often chased me into the arms of God.