Friday, January 25, 2008

Prayer: God's Will in the Presidential Race

Author of all creation, I praise you in all your aspects,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
I acknowledge you as supreme and
Hope that all will know your loving kindness.
Help me as I face the decisions of daily life.
Help me to choose wisely and with your Spirit in my heart.
Our nation must choose candidates for President.
I have only one vote,
But I want to cast it in light of your will.
Guide me to see these people as you see them
And to choose wisely.
I know that others will not vote as I do,
But feel just as I do that they voted in accordance with your will.
Help me to understand how that can be.
Help me not to let my emotions drive
My reactions to those who choose differently,
The temptation is so great.
Let me remember that in your creation
You can use whoever wins the Presidential race
To guide and protect this nation.
You are master of all,
The past, present, and future.
Always let it be thy will, not mine.
Amen.

No comments: